Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Bokeh Technique

Good morning peeps told you I would be back today.......I have a beautiful image to share with you from I Brake For Stamps called Butterfly on Lilacs and have used the Bokeh Technique on this card.


I started out with a white piece of card stock and sponged on Stampin_up inks Orchid Opulence, Brocade Blue, and YoYo Yellow (pretty sure they are all retired)......next I cut 3 different size circles in a transparency using Sizzix Framelits laid over my sponged background like a stencil and sponged Whisper White into the circles .......next stamped my main image Butterfly on Lilacs onto the sponged BG and stamped once on a plain piece of white card stock colored only the butterfly with Spectrum Noir on that piece then cut it out and popped it up on the other side of the card.....lastly stamped my sentiment Nature also from IBFS.......hope you have enjoyed my card today before I leave just want to let you know Della has been running a Deal of the Week might want to check them out as you can still receive the extra 10% off your order with my code SAV10BETH.

Would also like to enter my card in the following challenges;
Crafting From The Heart- Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion-Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers- Sentiment
Through the Craft Room Door-Anything Goes

Hugs
Beth

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! The colors looks so pretty on this Beth!! Love your Bokeh background!! HUGS

Diane said...

Fabulous background and technique Beth, your design turned out stunning.

Hugs Diane

Terry said...

Oh such dreamy colors, Beth! I love that stunning background and those glorious butterflies! Great sentiment! Hugs, GF!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful color combo and technique. Yes, you are right, those colors are retired.

J said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing it with us and joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more this time...

Jackie

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Beth, such a gorgeous background and lovely sentiment and colours - such a pretty card.
Pauline
x

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining the challenge at
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk. Good luck x

Beth Norman said...

Wow, isn't this Bokeh bg gorgeous. I have been wanting to try it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Sara Sherlock said...

Beautiful. I love the echoed butterfly and your background is gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Sara
TTCRD DT
FP3 {My Blog}

crzymom said...

Gorgeous background! I love the image stamped on the background with the matching butterfly on the left.