Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Altered Canvas

Happy Tuesday everyone still trying different things.....today I have altered a canvas with quite a few stamps from I Brake For Stamps, Gelato's, Distress Inks, and Stencils.


The first thing I did was add the stencils using stencil paste, the word Dream, Friend, and Zig Zag down the side are from Club Scrap, and the Brick Wall is Stampinback which Della has in the store.....next I added Gesso over the entire canvas, after that all dried I started adding color with Gelato's and Distress Inks stamped the following image directly to canvas with more distress inks, Large Script Background, Dots from Half Sheet 122A, and the circles from Remember When....next I stamped Large Owl and Large With This Kiss on paper colored and glued to the canvas....printed Soar under owl, added buttons, flowers and gems.

Hope you have enjoyed my post today I have done a couple of canvas before but never like this. Sorry but my owl is upside down tried stamping him directly to the canvas didn't work so well so
stamped and fussy cut.....as always if you shop at Della's store IBFS use my code for your 10% discount.
SAVE10BETH

Hugs
Beth

I would also like to enter my canvas in the following Challenges:
2 Crafty Girls-Vintage
Fashionable Stamping Challenge-Wings
Mixed Media World-Use Bright Colors
We Love To Create-Anything Mixed Media Goes
Frilly and Funkie-Snap- Crackle-Crackle
Through The Craft Room Door-Always anything Goes.

11 comments:

cotnob said...

A brilliant canvas Beth, so many fabulous details - it has a lovely serene feel about it.
Pauline
x

Beth Norman said...

Oh, Beth, this is one fabulous canvas. I love it so much and can't stop starring at it. The owl doesn't look upside down, so I wouldn't worry about it. Love the brick in the corner. Totally awesome my friend.

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous canvas Beth!! Love the texture you've added to this and the colors blend together nicely! :)

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls, good luck!!! Amy

Diane said...

Wow just gorgeous.

Hugs diane

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Lots to see on your beautiful canvas Beth. I like the bricks and oh, I wouldn't notice the upside down owl if I hadn't read it but this is art; very unique! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Have a nice day Beth!

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a wonderful canvas Beth! I love the brickwork in combination with the bubble, it's a wonderful contrast in shapes! The swooping bird is a great accent piece! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Snap, Crackle, Crackle' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Zora said...


What a cute work of art.Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

Lou Sims said...

Beautiful canvas with a very peaceful, serene feel. Many thanks for joining in with Love to Create challenges. Lou (DT)

lisa808 said...

Awesome!

Claire said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful stamping. Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and We Love 2 Create with Premium Craft Brands
Claire xx