Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Distressing Inks

Hi peeps be around to visit toward the end of the week as I am on a mini vacation.....my card this week is a little out of my comfort zone as I made my own background using Rangers Distress Inks and I Brake for Stamps rubber.

 
The stamps on my card this week are the following Fuchsia Border, Postcard Background and sentiment from Botanical Half Sheet.....the first thing I did was stamp the Fuchsia image on white card stock using embossing ink added white embossing powder then heat set the image....next I sponged 3 different colors of Distress Ink over the blank card stock layer.....added a little water to give it water drops lastly stamped the post card background with Tea Dye ink and stamped it over my image.....wasn't real happy with the way the Fuchsia looked so added some color with SU markers.

Till I return.
Hugs
Beth


9 comments:

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Beth, your background is fabulous and I love your colour choices.
I hope you are enjoying your mini vacation.
Pauline
x

Terry said...

Don't you just love making your own backgrounds? Love that inking goodness you created for those pretty flowers! You don't look out of your comfort zone at all, GF! Enjoy the mini vacation! Hugs!

lisa808 said...

Glad you stepped out of your comfort zone--awesome background! I must play more with DIs. Enjoy your mini vac.

cebelica said...

I wouldn't have guessed this was out of your comfort zone. You created a very beautiful background. Wonderful card!
Hugs! xx

P. S. Enjoy your vacations. :)

Shirley said...

Wow, Beth! Your BG on your card is perfect for your beautiful floral image, and the way you did the sewn sentiment is wonderful! Your accent colors are great!! Very pretty!

crzymom said...

Lovely card Beth. Your background turned out awesome!

Beth Norman said...

Outstanding card. It jumps off the page. Your orange flowers look terrific over the green. Lovely colour combination.

*Vicki* said...

Hello Beth!! WOW!! I really love your use of the distress inks here!! The flowers look amazing with the embossing!! I have been away myself and behind on blogs so I'm catching up!! ;)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Lovely use of those inks. I almost never use any other brand.