Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Springtime Pansies

Good morning all I have a very springtime card for you today.....I saw this technique over at Stamp TV that Melanie Muenchinger did called Whitewash Technique.....looks like my image has been stamped on vellum huh?


Okay now for the details first off I stamped my Jumbo-Pansies from IBFS with Ranger Embossing Ink added some white embossing powder then used mt heat gun......next I took a aqua brush and picked up some white craft ink from the corner of the pad and colored the whole image.....BTW I forgot to mention that I stamped my image twice.....after white washing the image I used some colored pads just to add a hint of color......next added some pearls and beads......outline sticker of the hummingbird which I colored with markers.....very simple layout but quite elegant looking....will be sending this out in the mail today to one of my BFF's.....hope she likes it.

Well that does it for me this week don't forget when ordering from Della over at IBFS use my code for a savings of 10% on your entire order....SAVE10BETH.


I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Card Mania Challenge- Spring
Crafty Cardmakers and more- Spring ha sprung
Sunday Stamper-You don't Bring Me Flowers

15 comments:

Beth Norman said...

You did an awesome job with this stamp. I love the white. Great effect.

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Beth, your whitewashed flowers with just the hint of colour are beautiful - what a brilliant technique - a fabulous card.
Pauline
x

Beth Norman said...

I csn't say enough about how much I love this card. Your technique turned out beautifully. The white really pops, and I love that hummingbird. Awesome work my dear.

cebelica said...

You could have definitely fool me and say you stamped this on vellum. I've never heard of the "whitewash technique" before, but it looks amazing. Definitely something I must add to my "must try" list.
Your card is so elegant and so beautiful. A real treat for the eyes. Hugs! xx

Josephine said...

Gorgeous - and a great technique giving such a pretty and unusual result!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

lisa808 said...

OMGosh, Beth, your pansies are stunning! This is such a beautiful coloring technique. I have quite unsuccessfully tried it.

Hels Sheridan said...

Ohlala! I haven't seen that technique before and I have to say, it is FAB! Love the delicate look of vellum without the fear of stabbing it with something sharp (uh, yes, I do that all the time lol) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

kenli said...

This is simply wonderful! I love this project and the colors you've used. Fabulous idea and details. Thanks for sharing your art work with us at Card Mania Challendges.

*Vicki* said...

Wow Beth!! Your flowers look so amazing here!! I just love your details on this!! So gorgeous!! Thanks for all of your kind comments my friend and enjoy your weekend! HUGS

Rosica Katreva said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge!
Hugs!
Rossi (DT)

Kim x said...

Beautiful Spring card Beth. I must try out this technique, thanks for joining in with our Spring Challenge at CCM&More.
Hugs Kimx

Ileana A. said...

Lovely creation! This technique is wonderful!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Terry said...

Sorry I am behind, but I was busy becoming a great-grandma! LOL! This card is gorgeous, GF. I love those pretty pansies and the way you colored them. A great soft touch! Hugs!

Shirley said...

Couldn't leave this one without comment! It's too too lovely and I am saving the post for CAS!! Thanks for explaining what you did!!!

Connie Paxman said...

this one is my favortie...wow..
conie