Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Distress Inks and Flowers

Good afternoon all....thought I was escaping today and my post wouldn't get up till much later but on our way to escape it started snowing again so we are back home drats....really going stir crazy in this house.

But I did manage to do a card yesterday to share with you I got the inspiration from a tutorial from Craft Ideas except mine did not turn out exactly like the one in the magazine but think I am pretty happy with it.

I started out with a piece of watercolor paper that I stamped one of the outline flowers Florals Sheet from I Brake For Stamps with white ink and added white embossing powder...heat embossed next I added some inks from Rangers Distress Inks spritz with water but they didn't run like they were suppose to so I just kept adding more ink and colors....after I dried my inks I spritz it again with a yellow glimmer mist from Tattered Angels......stamped my sentiment from Half Sheet 138B on a piece of vellum that I punched out with the largest tag punch from SU.....added a Bakers Twine bow and some self adhesive gems.....then mounted it on purple cardstock.

And you have my card for this week....hope you have enjoyed it and don't forget when shopping at I Brake For Stamps be sure and use my code SAVE10BETH.
Hugs
Beth
I would like to enter my card in the following Challenges; 
Cards and More- use Vellum
Shopping our Stash-out of a Jar
Through the Craft Room Door- always anything goes
Allsorts Challenge-Purple

12 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very pretty Beth! The colors are marvelous.

Beth Norman said...

This card really captured my attention when I saw it on FB. It so so lovely. The texture, the colour, the stamps all make up one beautiful card, Beth.

Terry said...

GF, this is one heck of a beautiful card. I love the embossed flowers and the stunning colors. I sure hope the weather turns around really quickly. What is the deal this year?? Hugs!

cebelica said...

it's annoying when you "have to" say inside because of the weather, isn't it? I hope the snow will soon be gone and that you will be able to go on a nice trip.

You card is very elegant and very beautiful.

Hugs! xx

lisa808 said...

Great background technique.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Beth, such beautiful colours and pretty stamp.
I'm sorry to hear that you are housebound at the moment, I hope the weather improves soon.
Pauline
x

Wendy L said...

I would be happy with it too, so pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

crzymom said...

Lovely card. This is a technique I've been wanting to try. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie Hanna said...

Isn't it fun what you can do with embossed images? I like the distress ink background, even if the running colors didn't behave.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Cara Malmrose said...

Looks like an awesome card to me! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
Cara

Gaby said...

Great technic and a wonderful card!
Thank you for joining us at Cards und More.
Hugs, Gaby

Angela said...

Oh Beth your card looks really fantastic.
Thank you for joining us at our “use vellum challenge” by Cards und More Challenge
Hope to see you again and good luck
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT