Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Altered Chalkboard

Good morning my friends, I promise to get around to all  of your blogs today......been so busy haven't had a chance.
Today for my IBFS project I have an altered chalkboard I have made for my oldest granddaughter for Christmas....I can share it here as my family never checks my blog.......I have used one of my favorite stamps from IBFS Large Owl on Branch.....she is a huge owl fan and her dad calls her Hoot so that is the reason for the Hoot.

I started off with a 5X7 chalkboard painting the frame part with caramel colored acrylic paint added some crackling with Mahogany Distress Ink.....next I stamped my image with Ranger embossing Ink sprinkle on some Silver embossing powder after heat embossing the image I colored in the branches with Sakura green gel pen......added the word Hoot using white sticker letters......now on to the embellishments cut a few pieces of Burlap paper strips  to put behind the bow added some artificial pine branches.... made the bow added a pine cone embellishment from K&Co. to top of bow with a little twine....all of his was hot glued on to the frame.....then I added some frame hardware to top with some baling twine to hang on the wall.

Really was pleased with how this came out and hope she will love it, but then I know she will as my grandkids are always so appreciative when I make something for them.

Before I leave today want to tell you about Della's final sale for 2014....IBFS is offering 25% off almost every thing in the store exclusions bister, grab bags, Stampinback paper and  stencils, when checking out just use Christmas14 as your code.

Not sure I will be back next week but will pop in to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Would like to enter my project into following challenges.
Everybody-Art-Challenge-Frame
Through the Craft Room Door-anything goes
All Crafts Challenge -anything goes but no card



Hugs
Beth

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is totally amazing Beth!! Gorgeous chalkboard and I'm sure it will be a beautiful addition for your family to hang in their home!! LOVE THIS!! HUGS

Ellie said...

Nicely done! Love the wonderful details!

Diane said...

Absolutely fabulous Beth, great job on the frame, embossed owl and overall design.

Best of the holidays.

Diane

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous decorated chalkboard Beth, the Owl on Branch is gorgeous and I love your beautiful seasonal embellishments - your granddaughter will love her gift.
Pauline
x

Terry said...

Oh she is probably sneaking a peek right now! What a great gift idea, Beth! I love this frame and I know your G-girl will love it! This is so cool! Hugs!

Myrna said...

What a beautiful project.
Wow !!
Myrna

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh Beth, this is amazing! How clever to emboss on a chalkboard. She will love it! Xx

Andrea Norris said...

I'm sure "Hoot" will love her gift, there's a lot of detail and love gone into this, it looks great.
Thanks for joining us at TTCRD
Andrea x

Beth Norman said...

This is rockin my world. I'm a big owl lover too. I like the way you added your granddaughters nick name too. The owl looks fantastic.

Kari said...

This is a lovely project!Wonderful details!
Thank you for joining EAC this time!
Merry Christmas!
Smiles,Kari :)

lisa808 said...

And pleased you should be! This looks fabulous. Love the chalk stamping and beautiful embellishing. Your grandaughter will certainly be thrilled when she receives this.

crzymom said...

Love this! I'm sure your grandaughter loved it.