Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Masculine Mini Album

good afternoon peeps have another Mini for you today.......I have made both granddaughters one and could not leave out my only grandson so went hunting for something that would be appropriate for a 12 year old boy....very heavy with photo's so please bear with me.

First of all I found this mini at Pinterest  at this sweet lady over at A creative Operation did a you tube tutorial on it she called her album Happy Days album mine is more I'd Rather Be Hunting as you will see.
I had such a fun time with the cover of this album my stamp is Large Owl from IBFS love that guy...he was stamped on a piece of glassy card stock that had been inked with Rangers Alcohol inks added baling twine, paper leaves, real tree twigs metal charm that I stamped create on and frame is from Spellbinder die cuts.


 This is the spine as you can see pretty wide, stamped Lucien out on piece of scrape adhered it to a leather frame and glued to spine.


This is the opening that I tied with the baling twine now I will show you the inside...each page has an envelope covered with designer paper on one side and than pockets on the other, the envelopes each have a tag in them to use for pictures so you could easily put about 40.....4x6.....snapshots in this book if not more.


when opened you have actually 2 albums one on each side of the cover.


on the left-side page I used a counter top sample from hardware store thought it would make a cool frame.





on this page I made a little fishing pole.



I hope I haven't bored you with all my pictures ......my paper is from The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby and is called I'd Rather Be Hunting assortment of stamps IBFS, Stampin-Up and Inkadinado.

10 comments:

Diana Enns said...

WOW!!! Looked great on FB but this is awesome. You are so creative.

Diane said...

What a fantastic album Beth love the owl.

Hugs diane

crzymom said...

Wonderful album! Your grandson will love it!

A Creative Operation said...

This is fantastic!! He is sure to love this album! I am so glad that you found the tutorial useful, thanks for checking it out!!
Hugs,
Michelle

Beth Norman said...

Of course you didn't bore me with all your pictures, silly. I love to see everything in your albums. You always do so many creative things. This is one fantastic masculine album. I love the cover!

Terry said...

Beth, you really rock at these mini albums! Love the rustic and masculine feel and so will your grandson! The use of camouflage is so cool! Love this. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs!

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Beth, I love the rustic feel and your paper choices and embellishments are perfect for a boy.
Pauline
x

Shirley said...

Wow! Any guy would love this to keep track of all of his notes, pictures, etc. Absolutely so creative and how awesome, Beth!! Hope you will join us for the blog hop on Monday. We are hoping to inspire people to send cards to a little 2 year old and her family. She is receiving chemo for Leukemia and being such a trooper too! Details at top of my blog! Hugs,

lisa808 said...

Great job! Glad I only have nieces as masculine is so difficult for me.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

There is that owl again! I looked at all your art, fabby GF!!! but I had to post my comment here. You amaze me with your creativity on mini albums and this one may top the stack! I love it!! xx