Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Card For Lauryn

Last week I followed a blog hop for this precious little angel named Lauryn who is 2 and 1/2 years old she is undergoing chemo treatments for Leukemia you can read her story below and also there is an address if you would like to make her a card and mail to the hospital.......Today I made my card and will put it in the mail tomorrow.


LAURYN RESTING DURING TRANSFUSION
Isn't she just precious? Let me introduce you....Lauryn is two and a half years old and undergoing chemo treatment for Leukemia.  Her family members are parents, Josh and Elizabeth; siblings, Lily (age 7), Logan (age 5); and grandmother (fellow stamper, Linda Payne).  Lauryn loves princesses and Superman, and her Facebook page too!

Did you know the first dose of chemo takes 35-40 days? So she will be in the hospital for over a month the first time.  She will continue treatment for at least three years with in/out admissions.  The leukemia has affected 35% of her body and her left leg has some muscle atrophy.  They are working to correct that too. 

Many in our stamping community asked how we could help.  Jennie Harper and Patti Painter started to plan and then Jennifer Scull and Colleen Holmes joined them in putting the details and hop for Lauryn together.  A big hug and thank yous to these ladies for their selfless giving of time and heart too.   
The address for sending cards to Lauryn and her family is:

Lauryn Newsome 
Children's National Hematology/Oncology RM 437 
111 Michigan Ave NW
Washington DC 2001



Here is the card I made

My image was designed by an old stamping friend of mine Ms. Nancy Judd isn't she a cutie ( I think here stamps where called Rare Rubberstamps)....the Hugs & Kisses from Hobby Lobby's The Paper Studio collection.....papers are  Making Memories that I have had for some time the date on them was 2006....added the polka dots on here little dress with my Spectrum Noir markers.

Well we are having another chilly day today and I either have allergies from the pollen or another cold crazy 
weather.

Hugs
Beth

5 comments:

crzymom said...

Gorgeous card Beth! Love the colors.

butterfly said...

What an adorable card, and in such a good cause too. Thanks so much for your visit - much appreciated.
Alison x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Beth and for a wonderful cause.
Pauline
x

Terry said...

Heartbreaking! I wish children never had to suffer and to think about what the parents go through. Beth your card if very uplifting and hopeful and I know will be comforting. Lovely, GF!

Shirley said...

I know she loved it. Did you see where she has gone home and will continue treatment from there. I have her new addy in my sidebar.