Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Shirley!!!!

Today is my step-dad Shirley's 90 th birthday, he is such a special person 90 years old and still drives goes dancing and loves to eat.... Sunday I am fixing him a Fried Chicken dinner with all the trimmings he will be in heaven the rest of the day.
Any who I made him this card for his birthday don't do to many masculine cards but was please with how this one turned out....got the inspiration for this card from Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie please check hers out.

For my card started by stamping the background with Rangers Frayed Burlap next stamped my Noble Deer using Memento Tuxedo Black than used a oval nestie to make a frame and sponged Rangers Vintage Paper on the inside of the oval....mounted on red card stock and than Kraft.....added some brads  black punched corners and hemp.

Supplies
Stamps Noble Deer and Elegant Greetings -Stampin-up
wood background- Heidi Swapp
Inks Rangers Distress- Frayed Burlap and Vintage Paper
Memento-Tuxedo Black
Card Stock-  red, Kraft, Creamy Caramel
Nestabilities -Oval
Stampin-Up Punch

Hugs
Beth

6 comments:

Beth Norman said...

What an awesome masculine card. So hard to do. Happy Birthday to your step-dad.

Taunya Butler said...

Super great card! I love seeing masculine cards!! You did really good! I am new to your blog and I enjoyed looking around! I would like to invite you to visit my blog at daisiesgirl.com - I am having a giveaway right now as well!! Hope to see you!!

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant card Beth, I love your background and how you have highlighted the image with the inked oval.
Pauline
x

lisa808 said...

That is a great masculine card. Looks like you make them all the time. Hope everyone enjoyed the yummy birthday dinner.

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, I have this stamp set and LOVE the idea for a masculine card! Perfect! I hope your dad enjoyed his day and his mmmmmm wonderful dinner!

*Vicki* said...

Now this is a fun masculine card!! I love how this looks!!