Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two Autumn Colors at Whoopsi Daisy

Hello peeps well first let me tell you it has been a wild week here in Virginia.......Tuesday we had a earthquake (normally unheard of in my neck of the woods) yesterday it was Irene and she was raising hell all up and down the eastern seaboard lost 2 plum trees and maybe a dogwood but we are all fine thank the dear lord but he sure is testing us. Okay with that said lets get on to this weeks challenge.

This weeks challenge at Whoopsi Daisy is to use at least 2 fall colors on your project don't know about you but I am so ready for fall, after you have done your project be sure and go to the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge blog and add your link so we can see your beautiful artwork and also you could be lucky enough to win 2 sheets of Linnies gorgeous images from her store Whoopsi Daisy Designs. I used an image from sheet # 246 for my project this week and stuck to orangie and burgundy colors.

Now let me tell you a little about my card I used the sketch from Card Patterns # 130 I colored my image with copic's the dress I printed out on pattern paper and than added it in 3 different layers the wings were also pieced. Did the out of the box technique from Technique Junkies using a Nestibilitie and the verse stamp is Hero Arts and a little glitter on the wings and her hair.
Now please stop by Whoopsi Daisy Challenge blog and see what the rest of the Daisy Diva's have to share with you.
Also would like to link my card to a couple other challenges
Beary Sweet Challenge # 32  Tic Tac Toe Glitter, Flower, and Paper Piecing

Hugs
Beth








10 comments:

Terry said...

Beth, I love your choice of Fall colors and the image is so adorable! Love this card! I can't believe what has been happening on the East. In CA when we get a shaking, I always wonder if this will be the big one! Be safe!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Beth! I love the warm colors and the wonderful image! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

Jamie said...

Beautiful card Beth, I love your colors! Thanks so much for joining in our Tic Tac Toe challenge, good luck! :):):)

Jamie from TBS DT

Arlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I had to come and see you card on your blog to let you know I love it - the colors are marvelous - great coloring and the image is adorable.

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Love this card, Beth! The peach patterned paper is gorgeous, and your layering is great!

Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet Tic-Tac-Toe challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

crzymom said...

Lovely card! I love the layers.

SAMARA NAVI said...

Hi Beth! This is a gorgeous card! I love the vintagy colors and the image is sensational. I scrolled through your blog. awwww you must be the best grandmother in the entire world! Your kids/grands are very fortunate!!! I love your art...I've become a follower. (hey, in your profile you are missing a d on forward - former editor - sorry!) The fairies in your cards are precious and your color blending with paper is VERY unusual and GORGEOUS. I just love when people live OUTSIDE the box, and it certainly looks like you do. Can I come to you when My Oldes (26) who is getting married next summer has his 1st babe? I'm going to need some advice and I believe YOU are JUST the person (I am REALLY serious!) I want to be that CLOWN person to my grandkids too, but they HAVE to call me Hottgamma!!! Jordan's fiance, who calls me Hott Mama ensured me (as long as I babysit) it will be done!!!! haha. Oh, I also love (as I look at it now, the flowers at the end of your blog. I think I could go on foreva! Squishy Hugs from Canada, Samara xox oh ya...thanks for your comment on my blog today! lol

Patricia said...

Thank you for playing with us at The Beary Scrap, awesome project. I hope to see you play with us again. Good Luck.
~Patricia

Shirley said...

She is just lovely and your card is beautiful! Love everything you did!

Shirley said...

Very vintage beautiful!! I have really missed your blog!