Pages

Monday, May 02, 2011

No Layers at Whoopsi Daisy

Good morning friends I am back this week with another challenge for you over at Whoopsi Daisy........we the design team did no layers and I was the culprit that came up with this challenge I did not realize how hard it would be doing this technique with digital images but we did manage to give yousome eye candy.

  
For my card this week I started out with plain white card stock used a mask for the frame and stamped flowers from Stampin-up with Versamark ink covered with clear embossing powder and than zapped with my heat gun........next I took a sponge and sponge different colored inks  over top of the flowers wiped the ink off the embossed areas masked my frame areas again and applied more ink......now I have to admit I did cheat a little I cut out this cute little image and adhered to the center.....decorations around frame are purple dots I made with my copics and than added glossy accents made my bow with the bow easy (love that thing)
added stickers and I was done.
My image this week was a freebie from Linnie sure hope you got to grab it so much fun to work with, now it is your turn remember "No Layers" link up on the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Blog and you could win 2 sheets of Linnies amazing images.

I would also like to thank my blogging friend Princess Lisa for this awesome award she presented to me and will be back later to pass it on to some of my dear friends.




I would also like to enter my card in the challenge over at One Stitch at a Time for there embossing challenge

10 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Well Beth, you are ROCKs this challenge , that is for sure. You put so much time to your card, and it's looks very beautiful.
O yes, and thank you so much for playing at OSAAT this week.
Hugs Nataliya.

Renee said...

WOW!! You certainly put alot of work into this card. And it shows. Really pretty. Thanx for joing us this week at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again, soon.
Renee DT

jumbledhutch said...

Holey smokes GF-that is one awesome one layer card! Love the colors!

Shirley said...

Sometimes 'cheating' is good!! This is just spectacular! She is adorable and the card is lovely!

lisa808 said...

No layers! That is a tough one. Love the look you created with the sponging. Such pretty colors.

Deb.x said...

Hi Beth - I know everyones struggled a little (including myself) to come up with an idea of how to have no layers, but I've really really enjoyed this challenge, more so than others & love the design it lead me to which I never would have come up with on my own - Thankyou, it really was a FAB little challegne.
Love your interperatation & the colours you sponed round the image.
Deb.x

Beth Norman said...

Beth, this is so cute. I love your bg. Great work with your one layer card.

crzymom said...

No layers is a tough challenge but you pulled it off so well! Your card is darling. Love all the details you put into it.

Josephine said...

So pretty! I love the background you created.

Thanks for joining the embossing challenge at One Stitch at a Time.

sparklingblackrose said...

Gorgeous colours! Lovely :-) Thank you so much joining us at OSAAT this week-hope to see you again soon! Elaine OSAAT DT xxx