Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Whoopsi Daisy Celebrating Easter

This week we are celebrating Easter with our projects over at Whoopsi Daisy so your assignment if you choose to accept our challenge is to create something to do with Easter go to the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge blog leave us a link to visit your blog to see your project, no back linking only new projects, you do not have to use Whoopsi Daisy images but if you have them please do........you could win 2 sheets of Linnies beautiful images.
 My sweet image is from sheet #226 this week and I had such fun with this card first thing I did was print out 2 of theses images colored the basket, bow and some of the flowers with copics next I cut out all of the basket and added Crystal Effects to make it look like glass and give it some body........next colored the second image in completely than adhered my first basket over top the second basket cool huh?
Cut out some grass using the icicle border punch from Martha Stewart and added some Easter eggs.....peach layer is embossed on Core'dination card stock and the rest of the papers &
Happy Easter stamp are Stampin-Up.


 Here is a close up of my basket.
My sketch this week was created by one of my Whoopsi Daisy sisters Audrey for the Sew Many Challenges Blog ......thanks Aud love it.

Now in closing this week I just want to say I have not been around this week because I had to have my sweet Bugsy put to sleep this week and I sure miss him he was having respiratory problems for the last month and he just wasn't getting any better he had so much trouble breathing.
my friend you will be missed and I know you are better off in Kitty Heaven you had 17 wonderful years.


Also entering my card in the following challenges.

Sew Many Challenge -Sketch
Paper Sundaes- embossing
Creative Belli Blog-Embellishments that start with C

17 comments:

joy said...

Cute card - love the colored eggs! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge. So sorry about your sweet kitty - they are wonderful companions. I know you will miss him.

cebelica said...

Awww, such a pretty card! I love all the colours and the cute image. I think you did very well with this one! :)


Hugs!

K Hutchinson said...

Oh my heavens this is fabulous! All the awesome layers and textures! Love it!

Sassylassy said...

Hi Beth. Your card is delightfully adorable! Fabulous job sweetie!

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am so hear about your beloved Bugsy. Hugs for you.
Bonnie

Sandy Ang said...

So sorry about Bugsy. They are almost family so it's always difficult when my cats go.

Beth Norman said...

Wow, so much work went into this darling card. The 3-D effect is awesome. and so is the grass trick.

Cat said...

Hi, Beth! So sorry to hear about Bugsy. so glad that you had 17 wonderful years. All of our cats have passed on to Kitty Heaven. We had four at one time. It's just so hard when they do go. They really are part of the family. Hugs
Your card is gorgeous! Love how you used the Crystal Effects! Love the bright colors too!

lisa808 said...

Beautifully colored Easter basket.

So sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences and know that Bugsy will always be in your heart. You have 17 wonderful years of memories.

Beth Norman said...

Here I am again, on behalf of the Creative Belli Blog, to tell you how much I love your card. So much detail and love went into this.

Thank you for playing along in this week's Creative Belli Blog. Good luck.

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is just gorgous Beth! I love the crystal effects on the basket and the image is just adorable!

I'm so sorry you lost your poor kitty, it's always sad to lose a treasured companion.

jdmommy said...

We are missing our sweet Daisy too. Hugs to you. Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge with us!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful colors- Wow! so pretty!Awww so sorry about your cat too {HUGS}

baby cribs said...

I really like the details! So nice and thumbs up to all the colors! They made my day!

Chris A. said...

Beautiful blog Beth.
I am sorry about your kitty, I know exactly how you feel. Believe me you did the right thing. It isn't pleasant when it's too late.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

beautiful card, so sorry about your Kitty, hugz

Shirley said...

Fine friend I am, just getting around to seeing your sad time. I am so sorry. It is losing a friend and it's wonderful you can see he needs to travel on. You take care of yourself, Beth. Big Hugs, Shirley

Shirley said...

And your card is so precious and cute, lovely to GF!!