Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Bee Hive is doing Faux Embossing

I have a challenge for you this morning please join us over at Betty Bee's Buzz for some Faux Embossing this is such an easy technique and we would love to see your take on it as you can see.........
now I will give you a little tutorial on my card
1. purple card stock cut at 6 x 11 both sides punched full length than folded now you have a 5.5 x 5.5 card base.
2. pink card stock at 5.5 x.5.5 using same punch punch each side adhere to card base.
3. red card stock  4 x 5.25 lay card stock at a 90% angle on score board and score at the 1/2 inch marks all the way down turn again and repeat.
4. cut  1 inch red strips run through the small xyron than punch small flowers from Martha Stewart flower punch adhere to the  diamonds in rows skipping every other diamond.
5. lastly lightly run your inked brayer over top of the scoring and punches to give it some depth and make the faux embossing pop.
6. now you are ready to decorate as you please, easy peasy.

Your Turn!!!!!!!!

Now for my challenge to you I am throwing in some surprise candy for some lucky winner and all you have to do is leave me a comment and than go over to Betty Bee's Buzz leave a link to your project and comment and by the way you also have a chance to win some Offray ribbon from Betty's site. My challenge will run until next Wed. when we start our new challenge over at Betty Bee's Buzz.

Supplies
Stampin-Up card stock
Martha Stewart punches
Whoopsi Daisy Digital Image sheet # 158
Markers
Ribbon
xyron
scor-pal
coluzzle

9 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

Pretty card! Love all the details.

runningonink said...

GF, Your card is gorgeous! I love it! Such a pretty technique!

Myrna said...

Ok Beth, You have been in my head again!!! I have been pondering doing the diamonds on the score board but just haven't got off the old duff to do it. Now you have pushed me (once again) :)
Thanks for a great tut and your card is absolutely darling. Will let you know when I get a card done.
Hugs
Myrna

*Vicki* said...

Oh Beth, your card is so stunning!! Beautiful job on the technique!!HUGS

lisa808 said...

Love your double border and all those cute flowers.

Beth Norman said...

Oh, I love it, I love it, I love it. Great work with the faux embossing. You rock!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just as cute as can be!

Lyn S said...

Just adorable Beth!

crzymom said...

I'm so behind on commenting on all your projects. Love every one of them. You're so inspiring gf!!!