Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

Technique Junkie Day

Today I played with a couple of the new techniques from the Dec. 2010/Jan.2011 newsletter they both are both very fun techniques and this would be the perfect time to subscribe to Pat's newsletter it is chocked full of wonderful techniques and is printed 6 times a year.
Now this first card uses the Texture Plate Smoosh which is the background piece, I used the sketch is this weeks SCS sketch the image is a digi called "Touched By Love" and is a image I won at Sundays With Crissy for being one of the first 12 to sign up for her challenge this week Crissy is also the artist who made this image.

The second technique I used is called Glossy Gesso which I used on the background paper again the stamp used on the BG  and verse is from SU and the poinsettia stamp is Outline Stamps I stamped my image 4 times with Tim Holtz embossing ink used gold embossing powder cut out each layer used dimensional dots to pop up the last 2 layers.

Supplies
SU card stock- night of navy, elegant eggplant and lavender lace.
Stamps- SU and Outline
Inks-Brocade blue, sky blue, turquoise, Tim Holtz embossing ink.
spellbinders nestibilities
embossing powder

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh Beth, your cards are awesome!!..That lavendar card is gorgeous!!!...

Crissy Armstrong said...

Sweet cards! I love the techniques you used, how cool! Thanks for the link up too!

Myrna said...

Beth
Lovely cards. I especially love the purple one. But of course; it has flowers on it. :)
Myrna

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations on being a winner. Your poinsettia card is beyond fabulous. It is so beautiful. What a neat idea to layer your stamp.

*Vicki* said...

Hi Beth!! I love your take With Crissy's image!! So darling and I really love your purple poinsettia card! WOW!

Lyn S said...

Awesome cards using the TJ techniques Beth! I really need to find some time to try out some of these too!