Pages

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Making Christmas Cards

I am working on some Christmas cards today, and just let me say I just love SplitCoast Stampers for inspiration found 2 lovely cards today that I C.A.S.E.'d.
This first one I cased from MHines I just loved the simplicity of it I used 2  Stampin-Up sets Lovely As A Tree and Delightful Decorations, stamped with Real Red and Almost Artichoke torn a couple of layers of white to resemble snow drifts and added Frost Lace Stickles.

My next card was cased from Wanda the Starlight Stamper this also is one of the Wednesday sketches from SCS sketch 253.
Now for this card I used one of Fred's bird images from Fred She Said I just love this Chickadee I printed out the colored image instead of the black and white used Stampin-Up Whisper White and Real Red card stock DP Martha Stewart Cuttlebug Arygle embossing folder plus Swiss Dot, Martha's branch punch added red beads and red stickles.

Okay I have one more thing to share today daughter and I were beading yesterday she had seen her first Christmas Spider at a bazaar we went to a couple of weeks ago well we decided to make some of our own and here are 2 of mine.
What do you think? Do they look like spiders ? We kind of free handed them no pattern, had beads a flying Lisa's where a little fancier.

Well hope you have enjoyed my post today, now back to my card making.
While you are at Fred, She Said be sure and check this challenge out in her group at PCP

"CHRISTMAS COMMENT WALL CHALLENGE ( details )
Fred She Said is having a special Christmas Comment Wall Challenge! Each time you post your own "NEW" project using Fred She Said Designs on the comment walls of either of the Fred She Said Groups ( at PCP and CDAC )you are entered to win a $30 Gift Certificate to the Fred She Said Store :) So there are TWO prizes for a $30 GC. Your project does not have to be Christmas themed but it has to be a very recent one you have made ;)

Challenge closes December 25th and winners will be selected the day after Boxing Day ( Dec 27th). The winners will be entered into a draw and selected randomly."


Challenges
StampitCrazy-Christmas
Inky Impression-Christmas
Sundays w/ Chrissy- Christmas

18 comments:

Myrna said...

Beth
The cards are wonderful. Awesome spiders!!
Myrna

Tanya said...

Beautiful card! I love the chickadees :)

Thanks for playing with us this week at Inky Impressions!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great cards, really luv the 2nd one, and such cute (yuk) spiders! you gals did great!

lisa808 said...

Pretty cards. I really like the first one. It is simple, yet elegant.

Well, I much prefer to see jeweled spiders than live ones!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Both cards are just beautiful! I love the stark contrasting colours you put on them and their simple layouts. Congratulations to you also for winning a free digi from my collection! You're one of the first twelve to play my Sundays With Crissy challenge this month so you get a prize! Please e-mail me!
cmga.63@gmail.com
Crissy

Annette Bowes said...

'Lovely as a Tree' was my very first stamp set, that set me off on this crafting journey. Beautiful cards, gorgeous chickadee bird coloured beautifully and love all your pretty layers. Wonderful spider beadwork Beth! Thank you for joining us in our Inky Impressions Christmas Challenge, take careX:)

Sammi said...

Gorgeous cards... not so keen on the spiders (don't like them) but clever - lol. Thanks for joining in the Inky Impressions Christmas challenge :)
Sammi
xxx
Sammi
xx

June Houck said...

Your Christmas cards are gorgeous!!!

And yeah, those DEFINITELY look like spiders. As much as I dislike spiders, yours are pretty...that's two words I never expected to put in the same sentence..."pretty" and "spiders"!

Giò said...

Fabulous cards both and amazing !!!
Thanks for joining us at Inky Impression challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Rosemary said...

Beth, once again you are blowing me away with your talent!! I need to find a new word since I'm always saying gorgeous to your work..lol..

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Beth, your work is so beautiful! I love the layout on the bird card especially. Also your spiders are too cute!! Thanks for joining our challenge at STAMPIT CRAZY:)

joey said...

Hi Beth

these are beautiful I especially love the top card! gorgeous! thanks for joining us at inky impressions

Joey.xx

Jodi said...

Such beautiful cards you have made! I love the pretty jeweled spiders you made too!
Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

*Vicki* said...

Hey girl!! These are really fabulous Christmas creations hun!! I love them!! Thanks for joining with us in the Inky challenges!!HUGS

Ria said...

Gorgeouss cards but i adore the spiders as I am afraid of real ones but Love them in jewelry etc ;) Thanks for joining the Inky Impressions Challenge.
hugs Ria

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Beth, both of these cards are just beautiful. They are very inspiring. Fabulous beadworking on the spiders, too. Very creative. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inky Impressions. Hope to see you next challenge.
Lorraine

Sammi said...

hi Beth,
Just wanted to confirm that I didn't not like your spiders themselves.. I don't like real spiders! LOL! Yours are clever! heehee
Sammi
xxx

Sandie said...

Wonderful creations. Thank you so much for joining us at Inky Impressions.