Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Honey Bees are Showcasing

Today I have to fun candle projects to share with you and also a fun new blog I am part of, the name of the blog is Betty Bee's Buzz and we the Honey Bee's want to inspire you with tutorials challenges and just down home chit chat, and right now through the 14th if you leave a comment and sign up to be a follower you will be eligible to win some fabulous blog candy so please check us out.

Monday Rosemary shared a tutorial with us on applying photo's to candles (and oh how easy it was) well me and 3 of the other Honey Bee's  are sharing our take on Rosemary's tutorial and here is my take.
I used a picture of the Mabry Mill I took a couple of weeks ago up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, I added a ceramic bird and a few silk flowers to dress mine up.

Next I have some tea lights which I did following a tutorial from Jill's Card Creations (also very easy) and a cute little gift box to showcase them in.
 The stamps I used here are JustRite, card stock Stampin-Up and designer paper Martha Stewart images where colored with SU markers ornament stamped using a SU stamp set then punched out using ornament punch from SU.

Now we would like for you to join us at Betty Bee's Hive and show us your take on this fun tutorial you will find a link at the bottom of the page to add yours.

7 comments:

June Houck said...

I love this, Beth! I may have to keep this in mind for teacher gifts. My girls actually have a lot of male teachers this year (somewhat unusual for elementary school, eh?)

You "wow"ed me :)

Myrna said...

Beth
This is so pretty. It is something I hope to try soon. You know how the list of "to do" can get so long. lol
Myrna

Rosemary said...

Such a beautiful photo on your candle!! I have got to try the stamping on tea candles; what a great gift that would make!! Thanks for sharing you awesome take on my project!!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Beth, your candles are so amazing!! What a very cool idea!! Would make for an excellent gift idea for Christmas!! TFS! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Beth! these are great ideas too! I'll need to check out the tealight box, would make a cute stocking stuffer!
Thanks for sharing!
hugs & blessings!

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations on being associated with Betty Bee's Buzz. I look forward to seeing what you do.

crzymom said...

Wonderful! I love the designs you used to decorate the candles.