Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Christmas Cookies Recipe Book

Merry Christmas everyone! I am here to share a cookbook I made for the Christmas Festival going on at Cuttlebug Challenge this week, I have taken a blank CTMH 7.50 x 5.00 inch binder and turned it into this darling Christmas Cookies book.

Now, the instructions for this are pretty simple. I cut two pieces of DP at 2.50 X 7.50. Cuttlebug both using the Winter Wonderland embossing set. Now adhere the paper to the front of book, and add the strip down the side. The words 'Christmas' and 'cookies' were cut out using my Cricut, and the Christmas Noel, and From my Kitchen cartridges.
Since I like distressing, I added some ink around the edges, then added the buttons.

These are the pages for the book! What I did here was cut card stock at 7.50 X 8.00, scoring 3'' from the 8" end folding over to form a pocket. I covered the back of the pages with DP to add pictures. The pocket side is embellished with different cuts, again from the Christmas Noel and From my Kitchen Cricut cartridges.
Using the Christmas Noel Cartridge and Cricut Gel Pens, I drew out the Sleigh and Reindeer, and then cut them. After they were cut out, and with the designs drawn, I colored them.
I cut out my recipe cards using my Cricut and the From my Kitchen cartridge, adding the labels and distressing them.

I hope you have enjoyed my little project today, and will give it a try! Now I just need to add my favorite cookie recipes to it.

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to stop in again tomorrow at Cuttlebug Challenge for some more fun ~ and please don't forget about our Crafting Around The Clock starting Sat. night at midnight!!!

Beth

6 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beth, what a great idea. Love the detail of your book, especially the bells on the deer and the cute little gingerbread men. This would make such a nice gift, filled with your yummy recipes!

Beth Norman said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful project. Your book is so much fun. I always love seeing what you came up with.

There has been a change made on your blog which makes leaving comments very, very hard. There is no "comment" visible. Take a peak when you're not logged in and you'll see what I mean.

Jennifer E. said...

Wow! This looks great! You've been really busy lately huh? Well, it was worth it!

Lyn S said...

Hi Beth, what a fabulous project and so beautifully decorated! I've been enjoying your projects on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog.....you're so creative!

crzymom said...

Love this recipe book! What a creative idea to corral your Christmas recipes.

Cat said...

What an adorable cookbook! It makes me want to look up my cookie recipes! So cute!