Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Cuttlebug Challenge and Earth Day

Today at Cuttlebug Challenge Maggie and I are celebrating Earth Day and have a couple of tutorials on recyclable items, my tutorial was on recycling an old window frame my sweet hubby brings home for me to play with.

This is such a easy project all you have to do is a little sanding add masking tape around the panes and paint
 I chose to distress mine so used a layer of green paint, crackle medium, and lastly some gold didn't crackle as much as I would like so I did sand over it again lightly to bring out more of the green.
 Now you are ready to decorate anything goes with this could use as a shadowbox, scrapbook pages, and even some stenciling it is up to you. 

I added my pictures of my flowers a few from this year and the iris's from last year, I added vinyl around the panes that was cut with the Provo Craft Cricut and Walk In My Garden cartridge than I added white butterflies using Home Decor cartridge,  here is a pic of one of my pages before I added to the frame.
Hope you have enjoyed my little tut be sure and check it out on Cuttlebug Challenge and see Maggie's awesome tutorial on using a old plate and empty candle jar.

And while you are over at Cuttlebug Challenge be sure and check out how you can win a Velvet Red and Silver Cricut Cake you will find the info in our post.

15 comments:

lisa808 said...

What an awesome idea. Great way to create a pretty home decoration.

Myrna said...

Beth
Great idea. Lovely pictures.
Myrna

runningonink said...

WOWZERS GF! This is stunning! Love it! Its going to be gorgeous hanging in your house!

Allison said...

Oh gosh Beth! What an idea! I love it!

Maria Matter said...

Omgosh Beth, this is amazing!!! GORGEOUS!!! you're so clever & creative!!!
Blessings, Maria

Beth Norman said...

Another awesome project. You just keep pumping out the awesome work Beth

crzymom said...

What an awesome project! I love it all. Makes me think of mama Kat.

Cat said...

You are so clever, Beth! What a gorgeous work of Art you've made!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Beth!!! What an awesome idea!!! How in the world did you come up with that?!!!

Thank you so much for submitting this project to the Contributors Showcase, and for allowing us the possibility of featuring your talent. The fairies and I are so happy to have you and hope you will come back to play with us often.

Thanks again, and good luck!!!

Audrey
http://cuteandsome.blogspot.com

Connie Paxman said...

ah beth...you are such an inspiration...I have been looking for an old window to do something similiar..Now I love how you added the Cricut cartridges...
awesome
connie paxman

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

THis is just beautiful! What a great way to recycle!

paperscissors said...

congrats on your Contributor's Showcase Award!!! you're altered project using the window frame is very creative and "green"! i love the beauty of your project and the detailed instructions and photos that you included for other crafters to follow!

Audrey Frelx said...

Beth, congrats a winning the showcase award! Your project is absolute stunning!!! Thank you for participating and we hope you come back to visit us again. And I'll be checking on you as often as I can!!!

I'll be seeing you!

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous Beth. I love the look of your flower pics in the panes. So very pretty

Lyn S said...

Wow, what an awesome project Beth! You chose the perfect photos to showcase too!