Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cuttlebug Challenge Sweet Treat Thursday Mardi Gras

Good morning to all my friends and followers today over at Cuttlebug Challenge we the Sweet Treats team have some amazing projects for you viewing pleasure using our Provo Craft Cricut and Cuttlebug our assignments this week was to create project for Mardi Gras so let's get started with the party. Here is what I came up with plus details on how I did it.
 
click photo for larger view 
To get my party started I made a menu with a placard and  party cracker of course  beads and feathers where added to go along with the Mardi Gras theme.

 Here is aclose up of the menu now I will tell you how I made it 
1. I took 3 sheets of white card stock  brayered white shimmering ink mixed with reinkers to get my colors
2.  My menu was pieced together with triangles I cut from Cricut cartridge George's Basic Shapes ran them through the Cuttlebug using the Fleur de Lis folder and adhered them using my xyron.
3. Dyed the feathers using shimmers to match layout stapled to project cut out butterfly to resemble a mask from Indie art as well as the crown.
4. Cut out the words from Stone Script adhered to vellum hand wrote the menu

 
this is my placard basically did the same thing with this using the same cartridges and cuts I did add jewels to the crown and stitched beads to the side (have to have beads)
 
on the party cracker I just rolled up a piece of card stock  wrapped it in purple tissue  tied the ends with green ribbon than added the crowns from the Indie Art Cartridge.

Hope you have enjoyed my little tutorial today please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Now please visit Cuttlebug Challenge to check the rest of the design teams awesome projects we are on a journey of 5000 members so won't you please sign up to be a follower and add our badge to your blog.

8 comments:

runningonink said...

OH GF, this is awesome! I love this set so fun for Mardi Gras! You got all the right pieces to make it awesome!

lisa808 said...

Wow! Love those colors!!! And crowns!

Allison said...

Terrific Beth...loving the crown!

crzymom said...

The colors are awesome! Love your menu. The beads add so much to your cute placard.

Connie Paxman said...

Oh my gosh Beth...I have to take another boo..to gather all the treats on this post..wow on the Cricut diecuts and all the techniques..so much detail.
Love what you did.
connie paxman

Gerrie Johnnic said...

WOW GF, what a party you had! Your pieces are just beautiful, luv the menu, my fav kinda' food too, except you forgot the crayfish...you know where you suck da' heads! OMG, first time I saw that I thought I'd die! The colors and details are just amazing! You are so talented! hugz

Beth Norman said...

Can I come to your party? Your project is soooooo adorable. I love your favours.

Cat said...

Gorgeous party items! I love theme projects! Wish we could party together!