Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cuttlebug Challenge Sweet Treat Thursday

First thing this morning just want to say today is my 43rd wedding  anniversary finally found a place down here in Va that sells great seafood so that is where we are headed this evening now to my project.

It is time for another Sweet Treat Thursday over at Cuttlebug Challenge we are still high lighting Doodle Charms cartridge from Provo Craft Cricut die cuts and we are also still celebrating Valentines Day. I have 3 projects for you today and am going to let you know how I  created them. Please click on images for larger view.

we are going to be making this frame, gift box and card today so lets get started
Supply List
Card stock
Wood Frame
acrylic paint
alcohol ink
Cricut Cartridges Doodle Charms, Home Accents, Walk in My Garden and A Childs year
Cuttlebug folders Heart Blocks and Floral Fantasy
Glimmer Mist, Scor-It, punches and embellishments


Direction for frame
Take a wooden frame  paint with acrylics
cover card stock with aluminum foil cut in strips in different sizes
run card stock through cuttlebug
apply alcohol inks to embossed foil and adhere to frames
add flowers


 Box Direction
Bottom 12 x12 card stock scored at 2 inches all the way around
Top 10 x 10 scored at 1 inch all sides
clip all 4 corners and adhere with red liner tape I also scored around the top to make design
Now for the flowers I have a close up of it for you


to create these flowers I cut my flowers in different sizes from Doodle Charms, Home Accents the leaves are from Walk In My Garden
After cutting out the flowers spritz heavy with water crumble in a ball straighten back out and dry with your heat gun than I spritzed them with glimmer mist used glue dots to put layers together and arrange on top added to pearls to center. Any questions just ask

My card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2
second layer is cut at 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and than used a Martha Stewart border and corner punch
third layer is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and done the same way the frame was done cut out a heart from Doodle Charms stamp heart cut out the UC Valentine from A Childs Year.
If you try making my projects please leave me a link so I can see, hope you have enjoyed my projects and tutorial

24 comments:

runningonink said...

WOWZWERS GF....this is totally awesome! Gorgeous Gorgeous picture frame! I love how vintage it is!

Happy Anniversary! HOLEY SMOKES 43 years is a long time! Enjoy the seafood!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Beth, all of your projects here are sooo stunning GF!!! I just LOVE how you've used all of the embossing to really make it stand out!! These are awesome!! TFS! HUGS

sandi maciver said...

wow, this is seriously beautiful. Love everything about it. I'm going to have to give this a try, thanks for the details.

BarbaraW said...

Beth, these projects are fantastic and inspiring.

lisa808 said...

Wow, beautiful job on the flowers.

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your seafood dinner.

Myrna said...

Beth,
These are soooo beautiful. I love the coloring. Thanks for putting the size of your card.
Congratulations on your 43rd !!!
Myrna

Deb M. said...

Happy, happy anniversary sweet friend! Wishing you many more happy years together. :-)

WOW!! You rocked these projects. They are all stunning. Your work inspires me. TFS! Hugs...

Shirley said...

I could not pick a favorite, Beth. These are all gorgeous! What keepers!limbuck

Aimeslee said...

Hi Beth. Just found your blog and I am in loooove. Congrats on 43 years and enjoy the seafood. Thanks for the awesome tutes. xoxo

Beth Norman said...

Thwack. Sorry, I got too close to the screen and bumped my nose. OMG this project rocks GF!

Terri said...

They are all great! Happy Anniversary!

Ret said...

Happy Anniversary!! You have really been busy on your projects, Beth. They are just beautiful. Lovely work!

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful work!

crzymom said...

Happy Anniversary girlfriend! I hope you and Charlie had a wonderful day together and the seafood was awesome. Your frame, box and card are gorgeous! I love all the little details that you put into them.

Lynn Stevens said...

Beth,
Your flowers are gorgous as well and Happy Anniversary ,I hope you had a wonderful time together!
Lynn

Ann Kranitz said...

How Awesome for your 43 years!!! I am so happy for you and glad you found a great seafood restaurant. Stop on over to my blog here for a surprise http://stampwithme-ann.blogspot.com/2010/01/emboss-it.html.

HUGS!!

Shirley said...

Okay now you are in for a really good laugh! That is all typo. I swear I don't know what it should be, but I forgot to say Happy Happy Aniversary!!

Allison said...

Super projects! Loving all this caramel and purple mixed together!

Happy Anniversary!

Cat said...

Wowzers! These projects are jaw-dropping gorgeous! They take my breath away! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Wishing you many more happy years!

Connie Paxman said...

wow Beth, talk about tonal harmony and naturistic colors...I love the frame and superlative use of the circut dies...
connie paxman

Cheryl said...

Wonderful, wonderful! Love those purple flowers.
Okay where did you find great seafood? Hope you and Charlie had a wonderful anniversary.

Rosemary said...

Beth, your work is always such a treat to look at!!..you are so talented and creative!!

Lyn S said...

Wow, your frame is just gorgeous Beth! Love your use of the different embossing folders!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great! Beautiful! Amazing! Stunning! Wowza! Beth, you blow me away here....all beautiful projects, but I'm really luvin' that frame. Rock on by GF....