Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Went to a Pumpkin Farm Today

It was such a gorgeous day today that hubby and I went for a ride we had seen on the news where this farmer had made a castle out of round bales of hay so of course we had to check it out here are a couple of pictures of me in front of the castle made of hay

 
Click for larger view.
We climb to the top and I had to finally admit I am not as young as I used to be because I had a terrible time getting my leg up high enough to climb up Charlie had to pull me up,

Last night the grandkids came over and we carved pumpkins here is a few pictures of them hard at work


Here is the little guy carving his everyone else used stencils he went for free-hand and really did a great job.

Hannah used a cat stencil and really so cute although she got tired and I had to help her but not Lucien he did his all by himself


Here are the finish Jack-O-Lantern aren't they spooky.

8 comments:

runningonink said...

Oh my heavens what fun you all had! I love the pumpkins the kids did a great job!

lisa808 said...

Wow, that castle looks amazing. What fun that must have been. The carved pumpkins look great.

Dot said...

How funny what the farmer did with the hay! Very creative guy! Love the jack-0-lanterns, too!!

Jennifer E. said...

What fun pics! Looks like you all had a great time!

Beth Norman said...

You are a cool Nana. You have so much fun with the grandchildren. Thanks for showing us the castle. I've never seen anything like it. We went shopping on errands all day and had Snow in my arms for it all. Since she got sick, we rarely leave her home alone.

Hugs,

Shirley said...

Cool hay castle and what spooky cute pumpkins too! My granddaughters name is Hannah too!

Cat said...

What a fun day! I just love this time of year! I'm going to visit my grandson this coming weekend and I can hardly wait!

crzymom said...

What fun! Looks as though you had a wonderful time.