Pages

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Sunflowers and Dragonflies 7 anything but a square

Well this week the challenge at Sunflowers and Dragonflies is to create something shaped any shape but a square, instead of a card this week I decided to do a mini album with a short tutorial for everyone my pages have all been cut out using my Cricut and the George Basic Shape cartridge I cut octagon for my cover at 5 inches other shapes were cut at 4 1/2 to 5 Inches bright colored paper
 
 I ran the covers through the cuttlebug using the Happy Birthday folder with Core'dination card stock which was than sanded
                                                     
 
Next I got out my Xyron and applied adhesive to the backs of the covers
next we are going to put our book together you are going to punch holes in your pages using the Bind-it-All
 You are going to put your back cover on the coils first than front and than your pages now put your book back in the machine set to the size of your coils and pull the handle easy peasy and this is what you will have
 
Now you can decorate it any way you like I will share a couple of my pages with you do give you an idea
 (click on images for larger view)
Well that is it for me this week hope you have enjoyed my little project I used 3 of Beth's stamps from
Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs you can find them in her store I used the birthday cake beaver and baby moose.
Please let me now what you think of my tutorial still kind of new at this and would love to hear how I can improve it.
The prize this week is a set of Label 2 Nestabilities so be sure to leave a link on Beth site in the comments for a chance to win.
Be sure and check out the rest of this talented team

13 comments:

Cindy said...

OMGosh, Beth! This is fantastic!! You make it look so easy!!

runningonink said...

HOLEY BUCKETS GF! This is amazing! WOW- you make this look easy! Been thinking about that circuit for about a week now! LOL!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow Beth, this is fantastic! Great job!

Jennifer E. said...

Great mini album Beth! Your tutorials are awesome--I always wondered how the Bind-It All worked!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holy cow lady!! Look at those fun tools you get to create with!! Wish I had those!! :) Well...I do have the bind it all...but that is just too awesome!! What a gorgeous project you've put together!! TFS! HUGS

Beth Norman said...

OMG, talk about an awesome tutorial. Nice and detailed with great photos. I laughed when I saw how you cut out the shape. Having George as well, it never occurred to me to do what you did. Dahhh. I'm going to see what I can come up with now that you got me interested. Your colourful project is so much fun!!

lisa808 said...

Love the shape and your embellishing.

Rosemary said...

wow, Beth!!!..first off, awesome project and your tutorial was great!!..I love watching you grow in your craft!!..hugs

Ramona said...

Beth this is so awesome. I just love it. That Cordinations paper is calling my name and you did not help me to shut it out any at all. This is just too cool. I love it.

iluvmybugs said...

Hi Beth! The mini-album is just adorable and the tutorial is great! TFS

Hugs,
~Terry

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wowza Gf! This is so amazing. The tut is great, the project turned out just awesome!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is an adorable little book, great job!

I see you are from VA, so I'm I, stop by and visit my blog if you have time, it's nice to meet you!

enjoy *~*

Connie Paxman said...

Oh my goodness love this and I have this cartridge I believe..which one is it?
Your book is simply adorable...and creative
connie