Pages

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Under the Sea at Sunflowers and Dragonflies

Happy Saturday morning everyone are you ready for a new challenge at Sunflowers and Dragonflies this weeks challenge was to use Beth's Fish stamp from her store BTW she is offering this darling stamp at 20% off this week and also one lucky winner will receive a set of large circle nestabilities all you have to do is to make a card or anything else using the theme By the Sea leave a link in your comment on the Sunflower and Dragonflies site sure hope you will join us this week.
Now for my project and some info on it. I chose to alter a unpainted wooden frame from Provo Crafts and here it is click for a larger view.


I did the gel card technique on the picture I stamped my image on white CS masked the fish than stenciled some greenery around the fish added some hair gel to a 4 x6 zip lock bag used sticky tape to add to the opening of the frame I painted the frame with midnight blue acrylic paint cut the palm tree out with my cricut ran the trunk through the cuttlebug using the distressed lines folder to give it some dimension added some micro beads for sand little seashells and some rope hope you have enjoyed this project and will try it yourself.

Now please check out my team mates
Beth the owner

Jennifer
Kim

Now it is your turn go play
Hugs
Beth



11 comments:

Debby said...

Wow this is really fun and gorgeous!

crzymom said...

Cute! Love how creative you are.

runningonink said...

Very creative! Love it GF!

Lisa said...

great card Beth and thanks for visiting my blog. I will check out this challenge

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is just fabulous Beth! Very creative decorating of the frame, and the fishy is sooo cute!

Jennifer E. said...

The hair gel technique is perfect for this kind of project! Great job creating the scene on the frame Beth! I love it!

Beth Norman said...

Outstanding project, Beth. This is so creative. The sand, the tree, the shells and rope--all so fun!

lisa808 said...

You thought of everything! The sand, shells, water, rope, and lush palm tree! I feel like I'm on a tropical island. Wow!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh how clever you are girl!! This is brilliant!! Love the fun sand on your frame!! :) HUGS

Cheryl said...

Very cool!

Shirley said...

OMgosh~! That is just adorable and pretty too!