Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Glass Block again

This is what I spent my day doing yesterday out in the gazebo the weather was so gorgeous, spray painting glass blocks to decorate for my daughter to sell at the Farmers Market in Danville next week-end I got one done would love to know what you think since I am going to try and sell them and if you would pay 25 to 30 dollars for one of them they are almost 7 X 7 inches and they do have a strand of 35 lights inside.


Glass Blocks from Home Depot
Lights General Dollar
Stamps Stampin-Up and CTMH on parchment paper
Inks Not quite Navy and Almost Artichoke SU
Chalks SU Pastels
How to's I sprayed the back and sides with Kiltz than sprayed again with workable fixative nest I cut my parchment paper to 7 X 7 stamped the butterfly in the middle masked it than stamped the borders around the outside edges than I used the chalks to sdd the different colors in the background sprayed that with workable fixative adhered it to the block using mod podge than added the ribbon around the sides.

TFL
Beth

11 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

And this is just GORGEOUS girl!! I love these things, but still haven't tried it out yet!! :)

Beth Norman said...

Wow, that is so, so beautiful. What a stunning piece that jumped right out at me right away. Yes, I'd pay that much. Good luck GF!

Dot said...

Beautiful glass block! I'd love to see it lit up!

Cheryl said...

Beth that is gorgeous! I think you need to do a snowman one! You know it is never to early to think about the holidays!
Like Vicki I have yet to make one of these. Hmmmmm, maybe we can do one when I come up again ;0)

Shirley said...

I think its lovely. I would pay that much, but I have no idea. It has been eons since I have gone to a craft show.

Rosemary said...

Oh Beth, you should have no problem selling these..This is just gorgeous and those colors!!..wow...

Terri said...

Very cool. Sounds reasonable to me but I have found people can be very cheap when it comes to buying thing. Hopefully once they see them in person you won't have any problem selling them though.

Lyn S said...

Wow, this looks so lovely Beth.....bet it's even better in real life! Good luck with the market!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just lovely, Beth. You do such beautiful work. Really a unique idea to do this technique on a glass block....

crzymom said...

Gorgeous block. I think you should be able to sell them. I keep wanting to make one of these. :)

Donna Moore said...

Beth, your work inspired me to leave a comment, I very rarely comment on blogs! LOL I am amazed at just how unique and beautiful these glass blocks are, your work is gorgeous! I would think these would sell for the prices you mentioned; the only reason you may not sell them would be the downturn in spending money right now.. but if by the time people are looking to purchase Christmas presents I would think these would be a steal at that price!! My hope is you sell every singe one and have folks clamoring to make special orders!!