Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Be Inspired # 32 Hearts and Butterflies

Wow I have not posted since Wed. well I have been pretty busy I re-did 2 flower beds in my yard and than a cook out yesterday with the family I also was having problems with my blog had to take off my followers for now I couldn't open my blog until I removed it.
I have one more little tidbit to share today before I get to my cards I saw a mother black bear with her 2 cubs today the mama was standing by the side of the road and the 2 babies where up the tree behind her. I swear I have to start carrying my camera everywhere I go.
Now for my cards Cuttlebug Challenge this past week was to use the heart and butterfly combo sets if you have them those I don't have so just did butterflies I also did Try a New Technique from Splitcoast Stampers which was a hinge card you can also check out a video on this tech by Wendy HERE. Yes they are addictive I did 2 of them.

This was my first card thought it might be just a little busy what do you all think? Hinge open and shut.
DP is DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies
Cardstock SU Whisper White and Brocade Blue
Stamps See-D's Flutter by Butterfly and SU God's Beauty
Cuttlebug Folders Swiss Dots and Argyle
Punch Martha Stewart
Brad ribbon and Stickles

Now for the second card liked this one so much better Hinged card open and shut.
DP Garden Party DCWV
Cardstock Whisper White
Stamps Hero Arts and SU's Fifth Avenue Floral and Yummy
Inks SU Riding Hood Red
Cuttlebug Folder Swiss Dot
Martha Stewart border punch,and butterfly punch, brad, ribbon,

13 comments:

Nancy G. said...

I love these cards. They are very beautiful. I love the way the top of the card swings up to reveal the message.

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. My favorite is the butterfly one though. This one is going on my list to try too. I would love it if you cased my teapot!

Lyn S said...

Love your hinge cards Beth, looks like a great technique!

I like the 2nd card too...the flower is gorgeous!

Eveline said...

Great cards and what a neat technique, hinge cards, I have to look that up.
Eveline.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Beth!! WOW!! What a very clever idea here hun!! Both of these are just gorgeous and so stunning with details!! :) TFS!

Beth Norman said...

Yes, I was wondering where you were. It is so hard to get involved in life and not post. I know that route extremely well. Sometimes it is hard to get motivated after taking a couple of days off. Yikes!

Hubba Bubba, these cards are so so nice. I don't think they are busy at all, but ya know me :>

Your flower turned out awesome! Let's see some more.

Hugs,

Beth

Cheryl said...

Super cards! Love that design and perfect papers.

Cheryl said...

I want to see the pictures of those flower beds also. You really do need to carry that camera with you ya know.

Michelle said...

oh how gorgeous!! TFS!

Cassie said...

these are awesome beth!! your hinge cards turned out great!!

thanks for joining in again at CCB!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

still hoping to play along over at PCP with your challenges - one day!

Shirley said...

OMGosh! They are all just so lovely! I really like how you mounted your rose in layers too!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

WOW I love the colors of that hinged card, the fun movement and the texture, FABULOUS

crzymom said...

These are darling cards! I love all the details that you put into them. The eyelet edging on the 2nd one is awesome!