Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Vintage Photo Image Stamping and Something Special

Here is a card I did on Thursday it is a technique from TJ's Feb/Mar 2005 newsletter I have been playing around with some of the older techniques I think I still have to do some practicing on this technique but I like the outcome.

Info on this card
Stamp Fine Line Classic's-Inkadinkado
Cardstock SU Chocolate Chip and Glossy White
DP Far East Stack-DCWV
Inks SU Pink Pirouette, Creamy Carmel, and True Thyme
Corner punch
Now for a little treat Lucien spent the day with me yesterday and we had a fun day watch Adam Sandler in Bedtime Stories first than we went to lunch came back home and got supplies together to go out in the gazebo to craft well we made a gift for his mom and I have to share it with all of you I want you to know that basically he did this by himself he is 7 years old all I did was glue the picture to the cardboard back add some popcicle sticks to frame picture and put dots of glue where he was layering his puzzle and embellishments oh he also picked out the picture to put in the frame
What do you think isn't he a talented little fellow

Click on photo for larger view
After we finished this we went for a walk to the pond to feed the fish and he loved watching the catfish feed they look like vacuum cleaners going across the top of the water.




11 comments:

AliMayes said...

Two great works of art!
Well done Beth and Lucien!!
Ali xx

Connie Paxman said...

Awesome piece your card....but then I scrolled down and thought who did this. Lucian is a bright and budding artist...what a wonderful piece...I cannot believe a seven year old did this.
connie paxman

Cheryl said...

Beth your card is beautiful! I think Lucien will be following his grandmothers footsteps.

Ramblin Rose said...

Both are wonderful pieces of art work. Does Lucien have a pet bunny? It took me a few seconds to figure out what he was holding. Thank you for all the encouraging comments you've left on my blog. It really makes me feel important to get positive feedback from talented Technique Junkies such as you.

crzymom said...

Lucien did a wonderful job with his prezzie! You are such good nana to provide opportunities like these for your grandkids. Your card is gorgeous too.

Audrey said...

Hi Brooke! Beautiful projects!

Speaking of projects, I wanted to tell you that my son can't stop talking about the worm project from the kids' club today!! He had the best time! Thank you for making it so fun for them!!

My husband put the worm farm in our dining room - lol! He said, "Let's not tell mommy what's in it." But I told him you'd already spilled the beans about the horse poop! :)

Beth Norman said...

Such a stunning card. The image is so soft and pretty. I was surprised to read Lucien did the puzzle frame. What a bang up job. I love how this was made.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Your card is so soft and pretty!! I just love that puzzle frame!! How clever you are!! :)

Amber said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day Beth. I think little Lucien inherited your craftiness and he is a cutie!
And your vintage card is so elegant!
Hugs
Amber

Shirley said...

Your card is just beautiful and your grandson goes without say! He's special and a really flirt too!

Lyn S said...

Your card is lovely Beth....it has such a dreamy look to it with that tech.

Lucien did a fabulous job with the photo frame........he's very talented!