Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Taxes and Numbers Be Inspired #27

Today is Wednesday and you know what that means Cuttlebug Challenges has a new challenge up I have 2 projects today for there challenge and it is all about numbers my first project is a
card I decided to go shabby chic on this one I used Close to Cocoa card stock SU and Lifes Journey DP from K and Co. Ran the top layer of close to cocoa through the cuttlebug using the numbers collage folder ran some Tim Holtz crackle paint over the numbers and sanded a little distressed the edges with my distressing tool stamped the image which is from Inkadinkado on vellum with black stazon tore around the edges attached it with brads from CTMH brown ribbon is SU and than used a label maker for the Hugs 4 U
Okay this second project I have to give a good friend of mine credit for Jackie K better known as Inky Fingers please check out her lovely artwork you won't be sorry, Jackie posted the instruction for this clock on her blog last night and I already knew I was going to give it a try this morning so when I saw the challeng for CBC I decide to add it also.
I used no stamps on this one the little girl is a punch out from Provo Crafts the ribbon I got at Michaels last week and the paper is from Cloud Nine my square is cut out using Coluzzle's deckled edged squares again ran it through the cuttlebug swiped the numbers with SU Really Rust ink clock parts are recycle d from something I bught at the dollar store added the 3D flower and I have a clock for my GD to add to her room.
Okay that's it for me today hope everyone is having fun stamping scrapping and creating also be sure and stop by CuttlebugChallenges and give the awesome DT some love and don't forget May 1-3 is Spa Week-end check them out.
Hugs
Beth

27 comments:

Cheryl said...

Both of them are winners Beth! I love the colors and papers you used on the second one - very springy!

Allison said...

oooh these are fab, great colours
Thanks for playing this week again
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! The cardstock with the numbers on it look like metal!! Awesome!! And that clock project with the darling image is so very sweet!! Beautiful creations Beth!! TFS!

Lea L. said...

Your projects are very pretty! I really love the stamping on the first one! Great job with Be Inspired 27...thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Challenge this week!

~Lea

Nathalia Castellon said...

The first card is definitely shabby vintage chic...it kinda reminds me of a wonderfully altered ATC! And that clock is simply adorable! Great job on your entries this week Beth. :)

Nathalia
Cuttlebug Challenge Blog

Beth Norman said...

Wowzers, great projects. There you go again, trying something new. I see a clock and think, "gee I hope to do one some day," but you, noooo, it's "I'll get right on that." LOL. The clock is totally awesome. Your gd is going to love it. How special for her to have hand made things from you to treasure for years to come. You're the best nana around!

marianne-g said...

Love that technique with the crackle paint. Great card!

Eva said...

WOW...these are just beautiful!!! Thanks for participating in our challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog!

Eva said...

WOW...these are just beautiful!!! Thanks for participating in our challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog!

Lyn S said...

Love both of your projects Beth! Your GD will love the clock!

Mrs J said...

Wow Beth! You've been a busy bee! Both such gorgeous creations! The work on your first card is amazing, the numbers folder looks fab the way you have distressed amd coloured it. And your clock, how adorable is that! Great work as always Beth and thanks for playing along with us at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs Mrs Jx

Shannon said...

Both projects are just great. Love the idea of making a clock! Thanks for playing with us this week.

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh I love the great texture on the card, cool!!

Hannah is going to LOVE that clock! What a wonderful grandma you are :)

Cassie said...

oh i love it beth! "i just decided to make a clock" that is so not me - I'd have to ponder it for a month first!!! love your sense of adventure!

the hugs 4 u card literally took my breath away - no lie! i love the way you took something that i've seen used in a very "cute" way and turned it vintage and shabby! so talented.

Thanks again for joining us at Cuttlebug Challenge! I always love it when you do!

Shirley said...

Totally different cards that are really beautiful and fun, with the same message of course!

TonyaA said...

Love the clock piece. Awesome!
Blessings, peace, and love to you,
Tonya

Rosemary said...

wow Beth!!..two totally different cards... two totally awesome looks. Glad I don't have to pick one!..Sorry I haven't been around much, but if you read my blog, you will understand why..!!..hope all is well and again, thank you for being such a great member of the cuttlebug challenge!!

BettyBee said...

So awesome! I just love that precious clock! You are really one talented lady:) Thanks for being a faithful follower of the Cuttlebug Challenges!
BettyBee

ohradiogirl said...

Oh, how I like this. I love the antique look.

Heidi Van Laar said...

These are wonderful! I love how aged the first one looks!

Jackie said...

Love them both but the top one just tips the scales :o)
Jackie xx

crzymom said...

Hannah is going to love the clock! It is so lovely. Hope Kirsten doesn't see it... she'll want me to make her one! lol And I probably would. Love the card too. The crackle paint adds so much.

itsabrt said...

Again, you work is incredible WOW! BR-T

Amber said...

Wow Beth, 2 amazing cards! Love the vintage card, the crackled paint is amazing on the embossed background. And how fab that you used recycled clock parts on your second card, oh my this is just the best idea!!! LOVE them both!
Hugs
Amber

Meda said...

Wow! 2 projects! They are both great but I mostly like the shabby chic look.
Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Meda

Maggie said...

Beth this is awesome.
Thank you for joining us at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot. you will be featured on April 23, 2009
Thanks
Maggie

Jackie K said...

Hey GF, Awesome job on the clock! I have 12 grandchildren, OH NO!You have made me want to make clock for them all.
I love all of your art, but I am so bad at leaving comments. Sorry, I will try to improve.