Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Rendezvous Monday CAS

Okay as I told y'all yesterday Shannon had a really cool challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges well I was able to get in on this challenge this morning I love Shannon's samples and this was such an easy one we had a color challenge and we were to keep it clean and simple the colors were Black Kraft and Ivory loved that combo and I think I may even try another card hope you like this one.
Here are the how-to's on my card
first I started with a 51/2 x4 1/4 black card added a layer of ivory about 5 3/8 x4 3/8 than cut a piece of Kraft 5 1/4 x 4 ran it through the cuttlebug with the allegro EP folder stamped my image and verse on ivory using Tim Holtz Vintage Paper distress inks layered on black and there you have it Clean and Simple
Stamps-Musical Manuscript (retired)©Stampin-Up 2005

16 comments:

Rosemary said...

Beth, could that folder be any more perfect for your awesome card?? This color combo looks great for you theme and design!!..thank you for taking the cuttlebug challenge (always love seeing what you do!!)

Connie Paxman said...

I love this...and the brown tones speak to the theme of mucsic.
I have that stamp, but not that folder..
connie paxman

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Such a gorgeous creation Beth!! WOWZER!! TFS!

Lyn S said...

Great stamps for this colour theme and the embossing folder is perfect!

Shannon said...

Love this!!!! That image is wonderful with that background embossing. Thanks for playing with me!!!! :-)

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh this is at the top of your FABULOUS card pile! lol Love it, great colors and detail, hmmmm seems like it makes me think of a friend of ours who lives in Washington! hee hee

crzymom said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Beth! Love this lots!!! Brooke, you are too funny girlfriend!

Sandra said...

A beautiful card!

Shirley said...

Love that stamp with that background and I love the card too! Very pretty!

Beth Norman said...

How perfect is that--a cb folder that matches your stamp. Awesome card!

Terri said...

Looks great! Definitely clean and simple. Nice job.

Karen said...

Love this card! Beautiful and very elegant indeed! Thanks for playing along on the cuttlebugchallenge.blospto.com/ challenge!!

dannisdoodles said...

music to the soul, wow! this is beautiful, perfect choice!

thank you for the beautiful inspiration over @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Mrs J said...

Just gorgeous Beth! And how perfectly does that background work with that stamp! Great take on Shannon's challenge and thanks as usual for playing along at http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/!
Hugs Mrs Jx

JennK said...

Very pretty!!

Very_Inky_fingers said...

This is such a great card. I knew the stamp must be retired before I even looked below. Almost every time I LOVE an image..lol! This is perfect for the challenge. Mary GW