Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Adirondack’s Colour Wash Background

Happy Sunday everyone hope it is a good one for all my friends I have been playing today with Beth Normans Tutorial Tuesday I have to say my backgrounds do not look like Beth's but I like them I did a card and an ATC not something I do very often but will make them occasionally Beth's Tutorial was for ATC's

On the card I used Lettuce, Stream, Butterscotch, and Cranberry color washes on glossy white CS than I stamped the background with versamark using SU Pretty Petals BG Stamp and embossed in gold added some bling to top and bottom adhered BG to SU Green Galore card stock colored the image stamp with markers and than huffed on it stamped it on shimmer white card stock adhere that to green galore added ribbon I purchased in the dollar section at Target stamp used SU©Still Life Stems sentiment SU©Best Yet

ATC was done using basically same washes Butterfly stamp was distributed by Green Brier International I did add glitter to both cards.
Thanks again Beth for a great tutorial always enjoy them while you are at Beth's Blog check out what she won. Lucky Duck.

11 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Wowzers, awesome look. You did a wonderful job. I love the brightness.

JennK said...

What a beautiful iris!! Love that!!

Shirley said...

Both card are just so beautiful! Great art on those backgrounds too! Love all of the color~ Comon' Spring!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Wow that card is a knock-out! Love how bright and happy it is, the Iris is stunning :)

So how is Lisa's move coming along?

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Wow that card is a knock-out! Love how bright and happy it is, the Iris is stunning :)

So how is Lisa's move coming along?

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Beth!!! What a stunning background!! These are so gorgeous!! TFS!! :) Hope you had a wonderful weekend my friend!

Terri said...

Love the colors! You did a great job on both of them. I am planning on giving this technique a try too.

Lyn S said...

The backgrounds look fantastic Beth! The card and ATC are both lovely!

AliMayes said...

I love those washes - I must give that a try!
Ali xx

crzymom said...

Awesome backgrounds! I love them both. Love how you used them too.

Cheryl said...

Simply WOW!!!