Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rustic Rooster

I have been playing around with this card for a few days now and the Rustic Rooster is a new hostess set from Stampin-Up no special technique here is what I did.

I used red card stock for the card and it is cut at 4 1/4 x 11 folded in half long ways took a piece of gray card stock cut at 4 1/8 x 5 5/8 and brayered Green Galore ink over it ran it through my Cuttlebug using a fiskars grass embossing plate than brayered again sprinkle some gold embossing powder over part of it heat set cut a strip from a scrap piece of paper from The Far East Stack ©DCWV cut at 5 5/8 x 1 1/2 punched holes with a Martha Stewart border punch added the ribbon adhered it to the side next I stamped a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 gray card stock with the french wording stamp in the green galore than stamped the rooster over that with Close to Navy did a marker wash on the rooster edged it with the Close to Navy and than adhered it to a piece of 2 3/8 x 2 3/8 red CS stamped the sentiment which is from the Best Yet SU set with black stazon.
Wow is this my first tutorial if so let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

I love him! I really love that waxy background, the DP and the ribbon. Perfect for this wonderful card!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Cool card, I love that green background!

Lyn S said...

Great stamp, and I love the Cuttlebugged background Beth!

Beth Norman said...

Great tutorial. TFS. Your rooster card is adorable, Beth. My mom keeps telling me a need a rooster for my kitchen and I have always said no. I might find a colourful one at HL to fit with my new kitchen, we'll see.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a very cool background!! What a great technique!! TFS! :)

crzymom said...

Wonderful card Beth! :)

connie Paxman said...

Ahhhh Beth Mr Rooster is awesome. I especially love the DP you used to compliment the image.
connie paxman