Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stamped glass blocks

I have wanted to do one of these forever I know more than 5 yrs. I dragged these blocks with me from Md when I moved almost 5 years ago, well Sun. hubby finally drilled me a hole for my lights I have seen several different ways and instruction for doing these and I choose to try Dawns which can be found HERE thanks Dawn for such easy directions my friend Deb also gave me some help on them here is what I did


I sponged on gesso first let it dry than stamped my scene with stazon inks painted my images with re-inkers didn't let it dry enough tried some glitter spray than sealer images ran scraped it all off with a glass scraper and started over this time I let it cure overnight left off the glitter spray and just used sealer I also used some chalks on the image of the deer tied a ribbon around it and walla here are my results. Lights on and lights off
If you would like to see a bigger image please click on the picture.

15 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Wowzers, how cool is that! I have never seen this done before.

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Love it! and I love that you dragged these blocks with you. Soooo something I would do. I plan on making these SOMEDAY! lol

Dawn said...

woohoo Beth! good for you...beautiful block =)

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dot said...

Love your glass block!! Such a beautiful scene!

Orion Designs said...

What a great project Beth! Thanks so much for sharing.
Vicki

Karen, NC said...

love the blocks, Beth. that is so beautiful Great job. Blessings...

Cheryl said...

Beth the blocks are gorgeous!!! I so want to try one of these also. I guess I need to break down and get a drill bit so hubby can fix one for me.

I love the snowpeople one also ;-)

Jackie K said...

Beth, you did an outstanding job on these! Thanks for sharing them and the instructions!

Terri said...

This one is cool too.

Lyn S said...

So beautiful Beth! I love your stamped scene!

Vicki said...

WOWZER!! This is just totally awesome!! I love this!! TFS!!

crzymom said...

Love your blocks Beth! I have been wanting to do these for ages!!!

Deb M. said...

WOW!! That is stunning!! Beautiful job!!

TFS...

Shirley said...

What a wonderful project and how beautiful it is!