Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge

I don't know about any of you that have the cuttlebug but I just love mine I joined a group called Cuttlebuggers over at Paper Craft Planet which is a online community for papercrafters and a real cool place enough about that now back to my card we where to use one of our favorite folders on this challenge and with the holidays around the corner I picked the Holly branch folder to use and I am even going to share my technique I used so sit back and listen ;-)
Started out with a 51/2 x 81/2 really red card stock from SU folded in half than added a layer of gold dotted paper next I used a Brillance Galaxy Gold pad and rubbed it gently over the negative side of the embossing folder ran it through the cuttlebug added a sprinkle of gold EP here and there heated with heat gun than went back over the holly berries with red stickles stamped the verse from A Cardinal Christmas © SU tied a red ribbon on the side I purchased at Wal-mart and than adhered it on top of the gold layer and walla here is my card.

5 comments:

Connie Paxman said...

wow Beth, that emobssing pops right up on my screen..awesome job on burnishing the raised embossing.
connie paxman

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous as always Beth. Now I need to check out that group on paper craft planet.

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is beautiful Beth!!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

What a great texture that adds to an already stunning card! :) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend

Shirley said...

Wow! i think the Cranberry bow just really brings out the whole embossed image!