Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Another Glass Block

Good Monday morning all I hope everyone had a great week-end I have been busy this morning finishing up my last glass block (until I get to Lowe's heehee) my husband doesn't usually have much to say about my crafts but I think I have really impressed him with these this one is his favorite is said this morning.



This time instead of doing the gesso I used parchment paper to stamp my images on and than ran it through my xyron to apply it to the block also added red gold and black microbeads from Pennywise arts added some spray adhesive and sprinkle glitter all over the block colored the images with markers now for the images the barn scene is from Andy @ Stubby Stampers
the deer and tree are from Stampin-Up the ribbon on top is not exactly that color it is a deep Burgundy with gold dots and gold edging I got the idea of using the parchment paper from my friend Deb over at Deb's Doodles and Things



Here is my block lit I used plain red lights in this one.

11 comments:

Willow said...

I am soooo impressed!! If you posted any earlier, I somehow missed them...What an awesome gift that would make!! Thanks for sharing this great idea!!!

Willow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ret said...

wow! Beautiful, Beth!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the deep
burgandy bow! gorgeous!!! You are so talented & have so much
patience to do the micro beads, wow!!! I am sooooo seriously
impressed!! You love red? my Mom does!! Very very nice!

Cheryl said...

Simply amazing Beth!!!! I think it looks so terrific and love the whole scene you did.

Terri said...

Nice job. I bet it was a lot easier doing it that way. The micro beads look like a really cool addition to it too.

Deb M. said...

WOW!! Your blocks are the most beautiful I have ever seen, Beth!! I can see why your DH is impressed. This one is stunning!! Love, love it!!

TFS....

Dot said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Lyn S said...

Another stunner Beth! I love all the blocks you've done so far....they're just beautiful!

Beth Norman said...

Oh my heavens and stars, this is soooooooooo beautiful. You are a very talented and creative lady!

Shirley said...

Beautiful!

BettyBee said...

Beth, they are gorgeous! I am so glad you sent me here to check them out!! I love the different looks to the painted ones, and the one with the parchment. Just so lovely! You are one very talented gal!! I will have to give these ideas a try :)
BettyBee